Friday, December 30, 2011

Working through the pain

I have web suffering from migraines for a few months now. I have never really experienced one until this year, but it almost feels like the sun is violating my eye sockets. I don't do well with that kind of pain. I noticed that I was struggling through certain workouts because I had a hard time breathing properly. I tend to hold my breath and I thought that is what was casing the migraines.

Now where is the motivation to push yourself if it is going to make you suffer through a pain that is difficult to look past. Fact is fact... I work at a call center. I am looking at a computer and talking on the phone from 8 - 12 hours a day/6 days a week. This has definitely left me in a slump in terms of my workouts. I had to leave spin one night because it felt like a rave was going on in my head.

I wish I could get some feedback on what pushes other people to work past the pain. How do you block it out entirely and not let the pain win?

1 comment:

  1. sometimes our body's way of saying "slow the fuck down" is to be in pain...

    if it's a little bit of pain, i normally just think of the finish line. i always repeat "begin with the end in mind" over and over in my head. if it's really bad, though, i just won't do it. it's not giving up... it's just being real with yourself.

    ReplyDelete