Sunday, December 4, 2011

Must Start Somewhere

Well... I guess there is no time like the present.

I have attempted many different times to be a "blogger" again. Somewhere in the middle of the madness I always tend to lose focus or become uninspired. This time I am hoping it is going to be different. I am going to try to journal my experience through the transformation I am taking through weight loss. At the beginning of the year I was  45 lbs heavier. That is a considerable amount of weight. That is the same amount of weight that my dog is. Not too shabby right? Well over the past 2 months I have started to incorporate exercise. That first 45 lbs was lost on diet alone. I have a few set goals for myself and I am going to start going through the different experiences that I encounter physically and mentally as the journey continues.


A little background information about me... I was a high school varsity tennis captain. Want proof?





Yea... I was pretty decent. Somewhere after high school I became a stereotypical, lazy college student. I gained a considerable amount of weight. Then in 2006, right around the time of my college graduation, I began to lose weight. In about 3 months I lost 30 lbs on Weight Watchers. In July of 2006, I was brought into the hospital for what I assumed to be an ulcer. It turned out that I needed my gall bladder removed. My gall bladder failed because I had lost too much weight too quickly. What a catch 22! After that I began my relationship with my awesome wife, Joanna. Well... Joanna can cook! lol... and we ATE. We were both at our tiniest since high school when we started dating. We each gained 50+ lbs during our first 4 years of our relationship. We are approaching our 5th year since we began dating and we are about 10 lbs away from what we were back in 2006.

The year 2012 is right around the corner and we are striving for a lot of things within the near future. Talks of a big (official) wedding and family are in the front of our minds and we refuse to do it while in our fluffy bodies. I am on a hunt for things that will work for me in terms of diet, exercise and life style change.

Fortunately, I have gotten rid of a lot of enablers in my life. While Joanna and I have both agreed as of recently that we are each others enablers, we have also decided that we will try to learn to communicate better about how we are feeling about everything. To bring this to a close, I figured I would show a little bit of the progress I have made within the last 12 months. Here you go!




45 (or more) lbs ago in December 2010


11.18.2011 for Joanna's 30th Birthday ... I have not been able to wear this outfit since 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment