Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday hell...

So what is not to like about the (idea) of the holidays? Family, friends, love, laughter and all that jazz. I am a huge advocate for the holidays, despite the fact that holidays tend to lean towards over eating and making my body more fluffy then it needs to be. Thanksgiving was a success in the healthy eating aspect. Each dish we prepared was a healthy alternative to a classic. Then... My mother brings out the pie lol. Huge monkey wrench in the process. I have a terrible time turning down sweets. Whatever... I'm not going to pretend that my will power is where it needs to be. For instance, today was the year end party for the pride network at work. They served prime rib and mashed potatoes. I can't afford to make prime rib at home so of course I took advantage. Dinner was at 5:45 and there was so much food going around that I haven't been able to bring myself to have anything else... Well except this spree flavored candy cane.

Christmas is a less than 20 days away. I already know that the menu isn't going to consist of the healthiest of food, but I am going to sincerely try not to act like a huge glutton about it. I wish the gym was open that day so I didn't feel nearly as guilty. Fortunately, I will be partaking in a biggest loser challenge which begins right before so it will force me to hold myself accountable.

I has decided that I have certain expectations for the new year. I will be turning 29 in May and I would like to be as close as possible to a reasonable distance to my goal weight in hopes to be fit by 30.

I would love it if anyone could share some tips on how to stay focused for the holidays!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment