Monday, December 5, 2011

Breaking the Cycle

So about two months ago, I decided to join Just Fitness with Joanna. She had been a member since the end of the summer and she was working out with our best friend in FL, Shannon. A monkey wrench was thrown in their work out schedule when Joanna and I moved further away from the location on the other side of town and Joanna started working at the salon. Needless to say, I joined the gym in hopes to feel motivated... and when I am there, I am motivated. I push myself to do new things that I have seen in blogs or on TV.

My problem is that I tend to make excuses for not going as often as possible. For instance, Joanna woke up with a headache this morning. This automatically translated into a day where she was not feeling up to going to the gym. I don't blame her because I can't work out when I have a headache. This is no excuse as to why I shouldn't be going, but I am here... at home. Granted I am getting things done around the house and preparing for our upcoming vacation, but I feel guilty for not going. It is usually a toss up between money wasted and time not spent well. At least I am moving around and being productive (minus the whole sitting my fat ass in front of the computer to type this blog up).

I have joined a Biggest Loser competition on the weight loss community that I belong to which starts after my vacation is over (thank god). I am hoping that keeping up with communicating about my progress will help hold me accountable for going as often as I should be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment