Friday, December 9, 2011

Spinning - Not for the weak

So this evening I accomplished a fitness goal that I have been wanting to do for awhile now. I participated in my very first spin class. To me, spinning always seemed like a fun way to burn calories because god knows I hate cardio.

I almost missed the class because traffic was out of control and the classes take place at the location on the other side of town. I was ready to just turn around and go home, but then it would just be another day that I gave up and I am tired of giving up. Needless to say I got there with enough time to snag a bike. My girl Shannon was there for some moral support even though the original plan was that she wasn't going to be able to go.

The instructor was really nice. She helped me set up the bike and reassured me to go at a comfortable pace. She had let me know that Shannon told her about my victories with weight loss and how she was proud of me. It never gets old hearing that. The class lasted an hour long and she primarily played new wave/80's music which I was totally into.

Half way through the class I was feeling really out of it and the idea of quitting for the evening sounded like a plan. Then out of no where the song "don't you want me baby" started blasting. The is a song that I share with one of my best friends (think of the will and grace episode). My best friend is a bikini competitor which is trying to get into figure for 2012... And she pretty much kicks ass. She is a huge inspiration because she has completely transformed we life and body within the last three years. She gives me hope and her dedication gives me strength. I don't think I will be able to ever stress that enough to her...

Anywho... I made it through the entire class. I never gave up. I wasn't the. Best, but that wasn't my goal. I just wanted to start something and finish. It was very humbling and my ass is sore, but I feel very accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to make it! I might try again in 2012. It is no joke!!!

    ReplyDelete